Click to feed Selar's frog!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Youth group and beach

Hey all! Last Wednesday at church we were goofing off before hand like usual when something funny happened. The guys were trying to see if one of them could make a basket from the other end of the basketball court. This can be very dangerous mind you. Flying basketballs everywhere! I was retrieving the misssed balls from off of the stage. This was also one of the safer places to stand. I threw one of the balls to my friend, Scotty. The ball went right between his hands and NAILED him in the nose! It was SO funny! He had to sneeze for the longest time after that.

The service was very unique. Mr. DeLand could not preach. He was going to talk about the verse in James where it talks about being doers of the word and not hearers only. In that cluster of verses was the verse that talks about being slow to wrath and quick to hear. Well, earlier that day he had been quick to anger and slow to listen. This made him only a hearer of the word and not a doer so he could not preach his planned message. This was the first time I have ever had a youth leader do this. It was kinda neat. As well as inspiring.

The game we played that night was "chariots". It is a game that I will not play again unless the chariots have wheels. You were basicly pulling team mates around a circle on a blanket. The blanket wasn't very slick. This made it VERY hard for me because I am in many ways a light weight. When I was being pulled it wasn't a problem. I had a problem pulling. I over taxed my body. This gave me a MAJOR head ache. I was able to sleep it off, but next time I am definitely not playing again.

Saturday we had a youth activity to play games, eat (of course!) and watch the movie, "The Climb". It was a good movie! I also enjoyed playing the games. Hockey was the biggest game. The other game we played was kinda like the game Cat in the Hat at the Wilds. If you are not familier with that game, its basicly musical chairs on stariods. (I know I spelled that last word wrong, but I can't figure out another way to spell it!) It was a VERY fun night! I can't wait till the next youth activity!

Now, what does the beach have to do with youth group? Apsolutly nothing! I am currently in Myrtle Beach, SC. Our room faces right out on the water. It is very cool! I will be enjoying myself greatly the next few days.

Here are a few pictures from the past week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Cat in The Hat game at the Wilds!!!! It's sooooo much fun!