Click to feed Selar's frog!

Monday, September 15, 2008

school with poetry

Today I think is the first Monday I was not really jumping to get to school. I think I am still wanting to go slow from all of last weeks nonstop-ness. (I know that is not a word.)

I am getting a little fed up with the treatment I am receiving from one of my friends. They sit with me at lunch. I am not sure why they do because most of the time they don't really even talk with me. Sure there is a little bit of polite stuff here and there but before I know it either they have gotten up and left or they have brought out their vampire love story book along with their mp3 player and seem to forget I even excist. Don't you just love those kinds of people? Especially when they wonder what is wrong with you when you start acting the same way! I know thats life, just is slightly annoying.

Anyway, in English today we did something fun. We read and wrote poems. Not really complicated ones, but simple ones. If you want to see my favorite three poems that we read today go here. As for the poems we had to write, they had to be acrostics. That made my life SO much easier! I couldn't decide on which to write about so I did these two.

Sovereign is my Lord
And King,
Victorious shall He be.
I want to serve Him forever.
On my knees I will show my
Utter appreciation for His
Risen Son.

Delightful, I can be.
Excitement is not shown
By hyper activity, like most
Out there, is how most describe me
Reserved are my actions in new circumstances,
Am I hitting the mark? I often ask.
Happy am I with the way God made me.

I know the second one seems choppy and doesn't flow well but I just don't know how to fix it. So, what do you guys think? See me being a poet in the future? Have any ideas on how to make the second poem not so choppy? Have any ideas on how to deal with my friend? Please let me know!

No comments: